cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Smaller Laptop that is still ProE capable.

BrentDrysdale
7-Bedrock

Smaller Laptop that is still ProE capable.

Hi Folks,
A slightly different question to the usual Laptop queries.

I am thinking of a smaller/lighter format Laptop for my boss as he travels quite a bit. It would be really good to have basic ProE capability (WF4 and beyond) for review work. At the office it would be hooked up to a larger monitor.
My boss is not a road warrior and not a power ProE user so not looking for the absolute smallest or the most blazingly powerful.
Some possibilities from initial research:
Dell M2400 14.1" with nVidia FX370M Graphics? (we use M6300s already and have an older M70. M2400 does not show on www.proesite.com)
Lenovo R400 14.1" with ATI Mobile Raedon 3470? (would be an orphan and does not show on www.proesite.com though older 14.1" model does)
Toshiba R10 14.1" with nVidia NVS 150M? (our ICT preference as they already have some of these. Does not show on www.proesite.com though similar lesser spec M10 does)HP 6930p 14.1" with ATI Mobile Raedon 3450? (would be an orphan and does not show on www.proesite.com though other HP portables do. So hard to figure out which model is which for HP)Apple Macbook Pro 13" with nVidia GeForce 9500M??? This is a left field option as ProE has to run using Bootcamp or in a virtual machine. (would be a total orphan but does show on www.proesite.com)None of these show up on the supported list. The first four seem to be about the 2.3kg (5lb) mark and the 13" Mac at 2.05kg (4.5lb)
The screen resolutions are WXGA (1280x800) or WXGA+ (1440x900). To get better resolution I have only found 15.4" models like the Dell M4400 or Lenovo W500 and the weight of these jumps by 20%.

Any thoughts on any of these options or any others that might be suitable.
Just fishing at the moment.

--
Regards, Brent Drysdale
Regards, Brent Drysdale
Mechanical Designer
Tait Electronics Ltd (www.taitworld.com)
New Zealand
Ph. +64 3 358 1093
This email, including any attachments, is only for the intended addressee. It is subject to copyright, confidential and may be the subject of legal or other privilege, none of which is waived or lost by reason of this transmission. If the receiver is not the intended addressee, please accept our apologies, notify us by return, delete all copies and perform no other act on the email. Unfortunately, we cannot warrant that the email has not been altered or corrupted during transmission.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

If you already have some of the Toshibas in house, why not borrow one,
load up Pro|E and give it a shot. Open a big assy and open a dozen
windows to see how it handles it.

If it were me, I'd want the bigger resolution (well, I'd want a 15"+
screen too, so there ya go).

Doug Schaefer
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Announcements

Top Tags