cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

inserting text in nc code

Mickyd1
1-Newbie

inserting text in nc code

hello everyone

Sometimes when programming i insert a programme stop during an operation so i could remove clamps etc, thing is in the nc code i want to insert a note saying the reason why ive stopped the programme to help the operator (remove clamps). Do i have to manually insert the note in the nc code or is there a way the note is inserted when posting the programme, where woul i write the text.Would like it so that everytime the programme is posted the note would always be there. hope ive explained it ok.

I am using creo 2.0

thanks for any help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You should be able to add a "PPRINT" or "DISPLY" CL command inside the NC sequence with you note. That keeps it in the MFG model and will be output to the CLDATA to be posted so it's always there. We live and die here using messages to the operator or machine to give instructions or information. We are on Wildfire4, so i assume creo is still the same.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

You should be able to add a "PPRINT" or "DISPLY" CL command inside the NC sequence with you note. That keeps it in the MFG model and will be output to the CLDATA to be posted so it's always there. We live and die here using messages to the operator or machine to give instructions or information. We are on Wildfire4, so i assume creo is still the same.

Hello Michael

I often use the command INSERT/ as an inserted CLdata in the customize windows of a step.

With this command, you can insert the text you want: It can be comment but also a direct Gcode files.

Example:

INSERT/ G4 F0.5$

INSERT/ M21 $

This will output directly the two lines in the nc code

G4F0.5

M21

Don't forget the $ at the end ok the insert

Olivier

Hello Olivier,

I am able to insert the a cl command in a sequence which is very helpful. One thing am not able to work out properly is, It happens sometimes that i have long tools in my tool changer (Haas Minimill), and that after the tool changing the tool tip is below the retract plane. When the sequence then starts a collision will occur. What i normally do is program some lines in where the tool tip moves above the retract plane before the programmed sequence starts. My intention was to insert this with a CL command, however it becomes in the wrong place. I have highlited my inserted lines.Both inserted lines should move up 2 lines. Does anyone have an idea?

Tool tip below Retract plane after tool change.JPG

Insert cl command.JPG

Regards,

Paul

Hello Paul

I think this happens because you have forget the $ at the end of the INSERT

You shoud have in your CL command

INSERT/G00 X-100 Y0$

INSERT/G43 ....TOOL NUMBER)$

Hope this helps you

Olivier

Hello Olivier,

If i programm the $ behind each line it pops out like below. He puts everything in one line. I figured it out yesterday that i had leave the $ to get in properly. Any sugestions?

N1 G17 T9 M06 (3 SNIJDER HARDMETAAL 16MM)

M11

G00 G90 A-179.728

G00 G90 X114.406 Y-28.402 M05

G43 Z58.467 H9 M08

G00 X-100. Y0INSERT/ G90 G43 H7 Z65. (Z VALUE REQUIRED ABOVE THE MATRERIAL, AND H IS THE TOOLNUMBER)SPINDL / RPM, 4500.000000, CLW

Z56.

G01 Z53. F450.

Paul

Hello Paul

Something strange happens in your post-processor.

I don't know if you are using GPost.

Typically, in Gpost the $ should be defined defined as a end ok block.

Looking in your CL file, the position of the INSERT line are correct. These lines should be output just after the tool change.

If I post-process your CL file (adding the $ at the end of INSERT command), I will have the correct lines

You should look a your post-processor developpement to find the problem

Regards

Olivier

have had a play with the pp print with some success ,managed to insert the tool table and operation comments on the top of the nc file ill try the insert command tomorow

thanks for the help guys

thanks guys

was what i wanted

Top Tags