cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Mathcad 14 2D graph formatting attempts causes application to crash ... all work lost!

BW_1254441
3-Visitor

Mathcad 14 2D graph formatting attempts causes application to crash ... all work lost!

Unable to format 2D graph traces
5 REPLIES 5

What service release of Mathcad 14?

Vladimir... first, thank you very much for your quick response!

Version: 

Mathcad 14.0 M020 (14.0.2.5 [802141434])

I've attached a one page PDF file which captures a brief history of what I've encountered.

Thanx.

Check your "Visual C++ Redistributable Packages" installed.

Vladimir,

I found 11 instantiations of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages on this windows 10 pro pc. Repaired (via Modify app) both x64 and x86 versions for years 2012, 2013 and 2015-2019. Unable to modify (repair) any instances of x64 or x86 for 2008 and 2010 years (these appear to be now useless).

Unfortunately these "repairs" did not correct the inoperable MC14 X-Y plot Traces formatting problem.. still cannot do Trace formatting.

After this trouble started I updated (windows 10 pro) an older PC (from 2014) which still had a functioning installation of MC14 M020. I was able to edit the X-Y Plot Traces on this PC... So the recent MC14 problems appear to be tied to this PC.

And after digging into my notes, I realized that sometime before 2012 PTC no longer cared about license control. I was able to install my copy of MC14 on three different PCs (not at the same) without reporting the C: drive volume information to PTC. Four previous installations, between 2009 and 2012, required C: drive volume labels be made available to PTC. My copy of MC14 has now been used, since it was acquired in 2009 on, at least 7 different PCs.

Maybe my source CD has gone bad?

Again, thanks for trying to help me.

Bill

Vladimir,

Thinking that my original CD may be corrupted, I downloaded another copy from PTC which I found by reading other discussions concerning Mathcad installation to hich you posted helpful suggestion. It took four attempts but I finally got the file to successfully download.  However, the un-install and re-install process did not go without errors:  three errors reported during un-install and 17 errors reported during the new install. At this time, my MC14 appears to be working like it was a couple days ago... opens and runs OK, but I am till unable to format traces on X-Y plots.

Lots of today's errors details are captured in the attached PDF.

Even if today's installation had overcome the formatting problem I would not trust this MC14 installation simply because of the 17 "failed to register" errors encountered during the install.

Might you be able to point me to additional resources for accomplishing a "clean" uninstall? It appears that the register is now in dire need of cleaning...

Thanks,

Bill

Top Tags