cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Run setup to add it to the installation of Worksheet Converter

CK_10352720
1-Newbie

Run setup to add it to the installation of Worksheet Converter

It states MathCAD worksheet converter is not installed. Run setup to add it to the installation. Can someone help point me how to do this? Thanks!
11 REPLIES 11

I was able to get it installed by re-installing and adding this tool.  Now when I run the tool I get an error that the conversion has failed.  It is a 2001i version of MathCAD

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:CK_10352720)

Potentially the Mathcad  worksheets uses elements that are not supported in Prime.

Can you post the .mcd file so others can try it?

Success!
Luc

What version of Mathcad Prime?

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Prime 8 should allow you to convert the worksheet from Mathcad .mcd to Prime 8 .mcdx format.

It should also allow you to convert the worksheet to a .html file, so you can view the contents in your browser. Does that work at least?

And still, if you attach the .mcd file to this thread I can inspect it to see what may be the cause of the conversion failure.

Success!
Luc

Thanks Luc.  I tried to post the .mcd files to this thread and get the following error:

• The attachment's hw#3.mcd content type (application/octet-stream) does not match its file extension and has been removed.

Try attaching an "..zip" archive with this file to the message.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

This, together with the fact that Prime will not convert the file, indicates that the Mathcad 2001i file is corrupt...

Open it with Notepad and show the first 16 charters here. From there I can see if at least it starts ok.

Success!

Luc

.MCAD 311000000²

.MCAD 310050000Ñ

It looks like I have a few older files that used different versions, however none of them seem to want to convert.

Thanks Luc.  Looks like I have a few versions that are not able to be converted.  Below are some of the characters shown:

.MCAD 311000000

.MCAD 311000000²

.MCAD 310050000Ñ

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

The .MCAD 311000 files are from Mathcad 11. The 31005 file is from Mathcad 2001i. They should all convert without problems, as long as they are ok. As that is apparently nog the case, I suggest you .zip them and attach them so I can have a look. That will take some time, I'm Mathcadless at the moment...

Success!

Luc

Top Tags