cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Transferring Mathcad Single User or Student license from an existing Host ID to a new Host ID

0% helpful (0/1)

Solution:

1. Mathcad Single User and Student Licenses can be transferred by using the link.  Select the version and enter the product code
  2. image

Enter the new HOST ID onto which the license needs to be transferred

- To correctly identify the Host ID on new machine, go to Windows Start > Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt > type ipconfig/all (ENTER) and with the Physical Address below the Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection there stands the Host ID
    -  Click on #Submit Request
  3. image

Below is the sample email triggered with new HOST ID license file (attachment)

4.  Please save this license file to a secure location on your computer.

Comments

Hey!

Thanks for that, I think that would be what I'm searching for, but the website doesn't work for me. If I click on the "Next >"-button, nothing happens. What could be the problem here?

Thanks, Jonas

Hello @JM_8857703 ,

Just a quick check, did you enter the product code correctly - Can you just once again and revert.

Thanks,

Harry

Hi, I have tried this also, the problem I have is that the product code I was provided with is apparently for initial activation only.  How do I find the real product code?  I only have a customer number, contract number etc from my "fulfilment" email  My old PC is out of action so I cannot run Mathcad Prime to find out.

Hi,

Tip - "How to Locate or Find Product Code for Single User and Student Edition of Mathcad": https://community.ptc.com/t5/Mathcad-Installation/How-to-Locate-or-Find-Product-Code-for-Single-User-and-Student/m-p/707806#M52 

I have found the product code using my original order number and password but it is the same product code I have found previously and for which I get the following response when I try to transfer my license:

"The trial program you are requesting is no longer available. Please visit the software product page on www.ptc.com to explore our latest versions."

Any ideas?

I am in the same boat! I wish I could still use the software - lost the ability updating my OS.

@Harry_Seth 
I also get this message:
"The trial program you are requesting is no longer available. Please visit the software product page on www.ptc.com to explore our latest versions."

@VladimirN Its showing a command that "You have reached maximum number of license request", 

How can i avert this problemm or How can i remove the previous license 

@VladimirN  It didnt helped, same problem is shown again. I cant transfer it to the new laptop from the old

Version history
Last update:
‎Apr 04, 2022 07:22 PM
Updated by:
Labels (1)