cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Bearing Capacity

CF_10130026
5-Regular Member

Bearing Capacity

Hi,

I have been working for maybe a month now on my worksheets for geotechnical calculations and so far, with the support I have been getting from this community, I have been progressing very well so thank you !

Now I wanted to ask if anyone has any suggestions on how I can present my data like this (see image below).

CF_10130026_0-1651362020405.png

I believe it would look better rather than presenting it this way (see below). So basically I wanted to create a graph that can provide the bearing capacity with respect to varying footing width sizes.

CF_10130026_1-1651362092639.png

I have attached the mathcad file below. You can go directly to the last page of the sheet. Thank you in advance!

4 REPLIES 4

So basically I wanted to create a graph that can provide the bearing capacity with respect to varying footing width sizes.

And "footing width size" is which variable in your sheet´? Its not clear to me which variable you would like to plot over which??

Werner_E_0-1651363945099.png

BTW, you wrote

Werner_E_0-1651364146868.png

Are you really sure?? 45 radiant, not 45 degree?? Are you aware that Mathcad like most other math programs assumes an angle to be in radiant unless otherwise stated?

CF_10130026
5-Regular Member
(To:Werner_E)

Hi Werner_E,

Thank you for your reply! Basically the y-axis is the T_1q_sq and the x-axis is the Bf at different sizes. So maybe a function for Bf should be defined for the different footing sizes?

As for the N, no I wasn't aware. I'll add the degree sign then, thank you!

Basically the y-axis is the T_1q_sq and the x-axis is the Bf at different sizes. So maybe a function for Bf should be defined for the different footing sizes?

But T_1q_sq is a vector consisting of  8 values!? What would you like to see as y-value?

Furthermore it looks like changing the value of Bf has not much effect as you can see here:

Werner_E_0-1651408131848.png

Hi,

Make an allowance for depth of water.

Capture.JPG

Threw out my copy of Foundation Analysis and Design by J Bowles when I retired.  Never thought I would need it again.

Can you show me the formula for shallow footing bearing capacities and I will help with the graphing.

At 1m deep and 3m wide failure is all cohesive material.

At 4m deep and 3m wide failure is a mix of 0.5m of cohesive and then granular material.

Cheers

Terry

Top Tags