cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Continuous Beam Analysis - Stiffness Method

Alvaro_95
7-Bedrock

Continuous Beam Analysis - Stiffness Method

Hi everyone!

I'm sharing with you this worksheet hoping it will help you extract moments, forces and supports reactions from the continuous beam (>=2 spans) for further beam design according the codes you use.

Please let me know if you find errors or want to improve the code (calculation time is around 1 min for a 5-spans beam).

Alvaro Gavilán

(edited 30-09-19: tolerance adjusted in 9. Shear force equation)

12 REPLIES 12

Hi,

Thank you for sharing.

Regards

Terry

Thanks for sharing. This is for Prime, isn't it? no chance of mcad 15 version?

Yes. For Prime 5. I don't have the MC15.

IMPROVED CODE!

I can no longer edit my post, but here I add an improved worksheet for general loading conditions.

English and Spanish versions.

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/glwkjqh0f7wcd/Análisis_de_Viga_Continua

You can attach them here in a new message.

rgunwaldsen
14-Alexandrite
(To:Alvaro_95)

I very much liked the original post. Did you really mean to share your improved worksheet with password locked calculations?

rgunwaldsen, Yesterday, I updated the files in the mediafire link, without password. I'm sorry but I forgot to attach those files here. I did not knew how to attach two files.

So, here it is. Those two improved worksheets without password. What is improved: More than 1 UDL over a span. Any number of conc. vertical loads and moments as you want.

I attach here a tutorial video (in Spanish) for the worksheet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYfqaDZ-TYs&t=1588s

Diagrama de Momento Flexor, Diagrama de Fuerza Cortante y Reacciones Esta hoja de cálculo resuelve vigas de 1 o más tramos bajo cualquier combinación de carga (fuerzas verticales, cargas de momento, cargas uniformemente distribuidas). Descargue su archivo aquí: (recomendación: descargue siempre la
rgunwaldsen
14-Alexandrite

Kudos and thanks.

Roger

jwalk
4-Participant

Would someone who has Prime 5 mind printing this to PDF so I can take a look at it? I only have Prime 4. Thanks!

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:jwalk)

Here's the file converted to Prime 4 for you.

Success!
Luc

jwalk
4-Participant
(To:LucMeekes)

Awesome, thank you so much!

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:jwalk)

You (or someone else) may be also interested in the improved versions (See Alvaro's post of 2019-10-06)...

Luc

Top Tags