cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Custom Functions

terryhendicott
21-Topaz I

Custom Functions

Hi have successfully compiled the multiply(a,M) example custom function but have a few questions.

Q1> Do you compile for x86 or x64 seeing as PTC Prime is 64 bit?

Q2> Where do you find the custom functions as neither the Prime menu or the search for all functions has a section for custom functions?  Mathcad 15 search had a specific spot.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Cheers

Terry

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Q1: The help info isn't very clear about it. Probably because most of it was copied from real Mathcad, which was a 32-bit app and at that time 64-bit was far away.
I think with a 64-bit app, the DLL's you want to attach/include should also be 64-bit. But you can try if it works with 32-bit (x86) compilation and linking.

Q2: Ever tried the Prime System variable CustomFunctions?

LucMeekes_0-1699642101104.png

Success!
Luc

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Q1: The help info isn't very clear about it. Probably because most of it was copied from real Mathcad, which was a 32-bit app and at that time 64-bit was far away.
I think with a 64-bit app, the DLL's you want to attach/include should also be 64-bit. But you can try if it works with 32-bit (x86) compilation and linking.

Q2: Ever tried the Prime System variable CustomFunctions?

LucMeekes_0-1699642101104.png

Success!
Luc

Thanks heaps Luc

Cheers

Terry

Announcements

Top Tags