cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Edit XML file for using floating license

mmakhortov
1-Newbie

Edit XML file for using floating license

Hello. We have server with 2 floating licenses

I try to create xml file for silent installation,but I have two questions

1. I as administrator created xml file, after first installation (mathcad.p.xml)

I have edited xml but one line

<PROPERTY name="[APPLICATIONDATA]">C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming</PROPERTY>

I dont understand what have to be instead of Admin, I think CurrentUSER but how it will look like?

<PROPERTY name="[APPLICATIONDATA]">%Currentuser%\AppData\Roaming</PROPERTY>

or something else?

2. Second question is:

Could you help me to edit this line

<MSIARGUMENT>LICENSEPATHFORM="ServerAndPort" LICENSEPATH="7788@localhost"</MSIARGUMENT>

Our server fpr example Server port 7788 how will be right:

<MSIARGUMENT>LICENSEPATHFORM="Server:7788 or Server@7788" LICENSEPATH="7788@localhost"</MSIARGUMENT>

Thank you for your answers.

5 REPLIES 5

Finally I have found someone who asks kind of the same question but then this post is 6 years old and unanswered too!

I'm trying to make a silent installation of mathcad prime 7 here and the installation itself seems to work, the program gets installed.

When I start the programm it prompts the licensing window, even though I edited the mathcad.p.xml file in order to automate that step for our users.

I tried

<MSIARGUMENT>LICENSEPATHFORM="servername:7788" LICENSEPATH="7788@localhost"</MSIARGUMENT>

and I also tried servername@7788 but the problem remains, I can't license an installation automaticly.

Am I missing something here? Do I have to change the licensepath aswell?

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:TH_1511816)

See if you find help here.

Success!
Luc

Thank you very much for the reply and sorry for hijacking this old post.

Sadly I can't find anything about silent installs or the mathcad.p.xml file under that link you provided so I'm right where I started.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:TH_1511816)

I guess, the next step is to draw PTC support's attention to this topic...

Success!
Luc

I got the solution from the support:

The only thing one has to change in this line except removing the comment part is that you have to change the localhost to the name of your server. Thats literally it. Don't change anything else.

So this means that the following line:

<MSIARGUMENT>LICENSEPATHFORM="servername:7788" LICENSEPATH="7788@localhost"</MSIARGUMENT>

becomes 

<MSIARGUMENT>LICENSEPATHFORM="servername:7788" LICENSEPATH="7788@myservername"</MSIARGUMENT>

I wrote this down because I hope someone who has to do this in the future will find the solution for this right here. The documentation wasn't clear enough for me and I hope they make it more clear, maybe with an easy to understand example in the next version.

Top Tags