cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Error 430 when integrating VBA/Excel with Prime - "Class does not support Automation"

jds102
3-Visitor

Error 430 when integrating VBA/Excel with Prime - "Class does not support Automation"

I'm using Excel and Mathcad files that were perfectly functional on another machine. When I try to run them on my current laptop, I get "Run-time error '430': Class does not support Automation or does not support expected interface"

The problematic code is:

Dim Mathcad As Ptc_MathcadPrime_Automation.Application
Set Mathcad = New Ptc_MathcadPrime_Automation.Application

I'm using Mathcad Prime 4.0, Excel 365, and Windows 7. Has anyone run into this error before?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:jds102)

Were those files functional on the other machine with Prime 4 and Office 365. Or with other versions of either application?

Luc

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Were those files functional on the other machine with Prime 4 and Office 365. Or with other versions of either application?

Luc

I'm 99% sure that's the case. The only difference is the other machine was running Windows 10.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

That leaves 1 % of uncertainty.

So... you've moved your Prime license, or is this a new installation... or did you install Prime Express (no license required, but limited functionality) on the present laptop?

Do you still have access to the other machine (and in the configuration that 'worked')?

Luc

I managed to get it working. For some reason a third-party uninstaller/registry cleaner did the trick.

Thanks for helping!

Top Tags