cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Evaluate limits in mathcad15

so-3
1-Newbie

Evaluate limits in mathcad15

Hi,

How can I evaluate these two limits in Mathcad15 where I show the steps?

1limit.PNG

2limit.PNG

Thanks in advance!

7 REPLIES 7
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:so-3)

Mathcad will happily give you the resaults, but is not designed to show the calculation steps so you can pretend that you did it yourself 😉

Bild.png

MJG
18-Opal
18-Opal

Mathcad can quite easily calculate the results.  Just use the symbolic solve (Ctrl+.)

However, Mathcad is not intended as a tool to automatically "show the steps."

so-3
1-Newbie
(To:MJG)

When you write symbolic solve (Ctrl+) do you mean the symbolic keyboard window/toolbar, where float, expand, simplify etc. is? 

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

The shortcut key is not 'Ctrl+', its [Ctrl]. (<=== Mark the '.' !) That is: pressing the [Ctrl] key on your keyboard and while that is depressed, tap the '.' key once shortly.

Some people write combined keystrokes with intervening '+' signs, that can lead to misunderstanding.

You've found the symbolic panel (the one with 'solve' etc.) If you hover your mouse over the items on that panel, you will see what shortcut keystrokes are defined (if any).

Success!
Luc

In addition to Luc's comments, note that the symbolic solve button (or, rather, I should have said "symbolic evaluation") is first on the symbolic panel that you found (the one that looks like a single arrow pointing right) - as shown in Werner's screenshot.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
ValeryOchkov
24-Ruby IV

It is not bad to plot a function

lim.png

Top Tags