cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Excel in Mathcad

JM_10241707
6-Contributor

Excel in Mathcad

I want to get the input from excel do the calculation in Mathcad prime and return the output to same excel sheet is it possible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@JM_10241707 wrote:

Thank @Werner_E for the information I misread Helpcenter. I wanted to add the value from excel to Mathcad prime make the calculation without opening the worksheet in Mathcad prime and return the result to same or different excel file do you think it is doable in prime based on some sort of script? 

Doing calculations in Prime without opening Prime?? You'd like to call Prime from within a VB script from within Excel, I guess. Thats possible to do using the Prime API. I have no experience in doing so, so i can't help any further.

Just look up  the informations in the help and I also remember a couple of threads here in the forum dealing with the subject.

Automation API

Getting Started with the PTC Mathcad API | PTC | Mathcad

Solved: Prime 8: Cant use API with Excel - PTC Community

Solved: API: Excel and Prime. VBA timing issues? - PTC Community

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

You may use the READEXCEL() and WRITEEXCEL() functions. Look them up in the help.

JM_10241707
6-Contributor
(To:Werner_E)

I tried to look into Helpcenter but not getting the expected results maybe I am doing something wrong 

JM_10241707_0-1683143235182.png

I want to write result D in specific cell of excel that I am unable to do 

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:JM_10241707)

Read the help info on WRITEEXCEL again to see what you should do to write data.

Success!
Luc

Which cell? B6 ?

use something like

Werner_E_0-1683146471125.png

The assignment to a dummy variable is only necessary for the function WRITEEXCEL to actually execute.

You may as well write WRITEEXCEL( ....) =

Always attach your sheet and state, which version of Prime you are using.

JM_10241707
6-Contributor
(To:Werner_E)

Thank @Werner_E for the information I misread Helpcenter. I wanted to add the value from excel to Mathcad prime make the calculation without opening the worksheet in Mathcad prime and return the result to same or different excel file do you think it is doable in prime based on some sort of script? 

@JM_10241707 wrote:

Doing calculations in Prime without opening Prime?? You'd like to call Prime from within a VB script from within Excel, I guess. Thats possible to do using the Prime API. I have no experience in doing so, so i can't help any further.

Just look up  the informations in the help and I also remember a couple of threads here in the forum dealing with the subject.

Automation API

Getting Started with the PTC Mathcad API | PTC | Mathcad

Solved: Prime 8: Cant use API with Excel - PTC Community

Solved: API: Excel and Prime. VBA timing issues? - PTC Community

Top Tags