cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Explicit Variable Values

sweapon
1-Newbie

Explicit Variable Values

Hello

is there a function for making Mathcad rewrite an expression with the variable Values, ie:

a= 500 b =200

a*b-----> 500x200=10000

Its just for copying and pasting in word.

.Thanks in advance

Cheers

8 REPLIES 8

You can do the following:

explicit.PNG

The explicit keyword is in the symbolic menu.

Alan

ok, i didnt now i had to indicate wich one i want to "explicit", is there a way for explicit all of them without indicating? i have various equations with 10 variables.

Yes. Try: a*b explicit, ALL.

Incidentally, if you want to hide the explicit keywords you can do the following:

explicit2.PNG

Alan

AlanStevens wrote:

Yes. Try: a*b explicit, ALL.

Incidentally, if you want to hide the explicit keywords you can do the following:

And while you are in the right click menu you may also chose to show the symbolic evaluation as normal equal sign and follow with a numeric inline evaluation.

12.05.png

Better to do so:

a:=2cm b:=3cm

c:=a*b=5cm^2

where

a=2cm

b=3cm

Better for units and Prime

Valery Ochkov wrote:

Better to do so:

a:=2cm b:=3cm

c:=a*b=5cm^2

Really? Is this the result when using Prime?

Better for units and Prime

.. but maybe not better for what Ibarra has in mind.

And Ibarra has shown in previous posts that he is using Mathcad 15, not Prime.

Its necessary to do as you suggest because Prime does not offer the ability to hide the keywords and does not offer different representations for the symbolic evaluation arrow or the assignment :=

Mathcads explicit is by no means perfect and will not always give you what you want the way you want, but when it comes to simulate the usual syntax used by many in documentations, its nice benefit that a least good old real Mathcad can produce something like

12.05.png

and its a shame that Prime can't.

BTW, I normally don't like when people show an assignment as normal equal sign as I am used to Mathcad's systax and appreciate to be able to see at a glance if an expression is an assignment or an evaluation. But in a report for non-tech or lets say for People not used to Mathcad, this might make sense.

We need explicit for manual check of calculation: 2*3=5?

explicit.png

One more good exemple more correct explicit

ExpEq.png

Top Tags