cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Finding the X value

gdeflima
4-Participant

Finding the X value

I need to find the X value for the following function where it breaks. Of course I can do it manually, but I would like to have a function, say Cr(D,u1,u2) that would give to me the x value where M(D,Gama,u1,u2) breaks.
Can Anybody tell me how to do it? or Simply giving to me any function that does it?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The way you use the break operator does not make sense.

break ist meant to exit loops and programs The break operator halts execution of the current loop and returns the last value calculated.

You should rather use something like :

NaN  otherwise

When you are talking about an "x" value you actually mean the Gama value, right?

The following should help (worksheet attached:

B.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

The way you use the break operator does not make sense.

break ist meant to exit loops and programs The break operator halts execution of the current loop and returns the last value calculated.

You should rather use something like :

NaN  otherwise

When you are talking about an "x" value you actually mean the Gama value, right?

The following should help (worksheet attached:

B.png

gdeflima
4-Participant
(To:Werner_E)

That was a great solution. You saved my time and my peace. I am SO THANKFULL, really.
I was about to lose hope and was gonna migrate to Matlab where I know how to work with vectors, and "for" structures more easily. I was gonna sweep the function M  until I would find a Gama. But still, it would take so much time.
You seem to be very expierenced on Mathcad and I hope one day I can be as helpfull as you are.

By the way, the real curve that I wanted to plot is this one:
Capture.JPG

That's why I needed to find the "Gama" Value. The curve that defines the region is fantastic and improves much more the plot.

Top Tags