cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Help with programming problem

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Help with programming problem

In the attached sheet the scramble array function posted by jmG has been used to create a random array of numbers. (Which is our 5 a-side teams)

Next I have given each element used in the scramble function a corresponding letter in a matrix(Table) which in-turn will represent a player�s name. Can anybody suggest a method of showing a resulting matrix of matching matrix(B) with the corresponding letters in matrix(Table)?

Regards

Mike
4 REPLIES 4

On 2/25/2010 12:19:08 PM, m_armstrong wrote:
== Next I have given each element used in the scramble function a corresponding letter in a matrix(Table) which in-turn will represent a player�s name. Can anybody suggest a method of showing a resulting matrix of matching matrix(B) with the corresponding letters in matrix(Table)?

Do you mean something like the attached, Mike?

Stuart
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:StuartBruff)

Exactly what I was looking for as usual Stuart.

The only thing I don't under is how the zero after both of the lookup brackets has stopped the result being nested.

Regards

Mike

On 2/26/2010 5:02:36 AM, m_armstrong wrote:
== The only thing I don't under is how the zero after both of the lookup brackets has stopped the result being nested.

The lookup family functions return an array. In the particular instance of your example, they will return a single-element array, which is effectively a single-element vector and therefore only needs a single index to return the value.

Stuart
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:StuartBruff)

Cheers for the explanation Stuart.

Regards

Mike
Top Tags