cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How do I create grids in a plot in Prime 4.0?

jcarl
1-Newbie

How do I create grids in a plot in Prime 4.0?

I have Bode plots among other plots that I would like to have grid lines displayed.  I understand that Prime 4.0 will allow us to display and set up plots as we did in Mathcad 15.  I can't seem to locate anything that will allow me to do this under the plot function.

Thank you for any help.

Best Regards,

Jim Carl

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MJG
18-Opal
18-Opal
(To:jcarl)

PTC had originally advertised that plotting enhancements would be included in Prime 4.0.  However, they later pushed back those enhancements to Prime 5.0.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Sorry,

We must gave grids on a paper plot.

For Mathcad plots markers is good!

Two pictures

Fig-1-mm.jpg

Fig-5.jpg

I guess I can put in a few horizontal and vertical markers and pretend those are the grid lines.  They will be close enough.  Sounds like we didn't get the same plotting capabilities as in Mathcad 15.0.

Thank you for taking time to answer.

Best Regards,

Jim Carl

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

James Carl wrote:

I have Bode plots among other plots that I would like to have grid lines displayed.  I understand that Prime 4.0 will allow us to display and set up plots as we did in Mathcad 15.  I can't seem to locate anything that will allow me to do this under the plot function.

Yes - its ridiculous and inexcusable, but even in Version 4 Prime does not offer that basic functionality,

You have to make your own grid lines in a tedious and awkward way. See here for one possible way to do it Re: In MCD Prime 4.0 is there any way to add gridlines to plots?

jcarl
1-Newbie

I was made aware by Mr. Metcalf that I responded to the email notification rather than post this here. Thank you Mr. Metcalf for the heads up about this.

Thank you all for methods make the information graphed more meaningful.  This is helpful.  I was led to believe that the plotting of grids as we are able to do in Mathcad 15.0 was to be added to Prime 4.0 first release.  It is somewhat disappointing that it has not been added as yet.

MJG
18-Opal
18-Opal

PTC had originally advertised that plotting enhancements would be included in Prime 4.0.  However, they later pushed back those enhancements to Prime 5.0.

Top Tags