cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How to Find() a vector

ifomenko
15-Moonstone

How to Find() a vector

Hi, sorry for the old question but can`t remember how to solve this simple task.

I have a triangle with equal sides and I want to find coordinates of the 3rd point.

File is attached

Find 3rd point.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Solve block always had problems with vectors.

Here obviously Mathcad does not like the solved for vector being an element of a nested vector.

B.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Solve block always had problems with vectors.

Here obviously Mathcad does not like the solved for vector being an element of a nested vector.

B.png

ifomenko
15-Moonstone
(To:Werner_E)

Thank you, I know the way you suggested, it is OK for this simple particular task, but I want to write a universal procedure which can solve tasks with different conditions, for P.1,P.2 or P100.

As long as you just solve for one of your vector elements P[1 .. P[100 you can do as shown. Just make this one vector a single vector and leave the rest.

Only thing you can't use are sums or product as you can't address the solved for vector by its index. But depending on the specific task there may be workarounds for this, too, if needed.

Top Tags