cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How to draw a triangle...

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

How to draw a triangle...

Hello everyone,

Someone knows a smarter way to draw an equilateral triangle?

Thank you very much.

-MFra-_0-1613401058715.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:-MFra-)

OK, so the goal is not (or not only) drawing, but rather ....??

Do you need a function of some kind which also gives you any point on the sides of the triangle, not just the vertices? Or is Luc's approach already doing what you have in mind?

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

LucMeekes_0-1613404002701.png

Success!

Luc

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:LucMeekes)

Oh! yes nice,

but my version considers the height of the triangle, changing which, for example, I get an isosceles triangle. however, the use of other geometric figures to build the triangle is not welcome.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

The general case, for an n-angle and orientation o, is:

LucMeekes_1-1613406473939.png

Success!
Luc

LM_20210215_Triangle.gif

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Not sure what exactly you are looking for.

If your goal is to just draw an equilateral triangle dependent on the side length and in the same position in the coordinate system as yours, a simple way would be this:

Werner_E_0-1613407033414.png

As Luc wrote, three points are all you need - actually four as you have to duplicate the first one to get a closed figure. You can leave it to Mathcad's 2D plot to connect the points.

Just read your answer to Luc's post where you say that you also want to draw isosceles triangles depending on the base length and the height.

Here it is:

Werner_E_0-1613407655339.png

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:Werner_E)

Undoubtedly, I have unclearly posed my question. The fact is that the sides of the triangle are the contour of a hollow metal structure. Within it, there is a physical quantity, solution of a pde, which must vanish on them, so it is not possible to use the matrix, because I can't apply the boundary conditions, even if your solution is very cool.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

OK, so the goal is not (or not only) drawing, but rather ....??

Do you need a function of some kind which also gives you any point on the sides of the triangle, not just the vertices? Or is Luc's approach already doing what you have in mind?

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:Werner_E)

yes, that's right, I have to find a function that vanishes on all inner sides of the triangle and satisfies the Helmholtz equation. I think it is beyond your task.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

At least here's a parametrized function for the border

Werner_E_0-1613415485428.png

And in case Valery is watching ....

Triangle2.GIF

And here a very short parametric representation, using absolute values instead of if-statements:

Werner_E_0-1613440309184.png

MC15 file attached

Top Tags