cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

How to open the units drop down list via shortcut?

reignofratch
6-Contributor

How to open the units drop down list via shortcut?

I found a thread a couple months ago while searching for a shortcut for Celsius on Mathcad Prime 4.0

The best solution was a shortcut that opens the Units drop down list, which then only requires one mouse movement (or none if that unit is where I leave my mouse) or a few arrow keys.

I've forgotten this shortcut and cant find the thread. Does anyone know this shortcut?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

At first I thought this may be a limitation of Prime Express and switch my Prime to Express mode, but I was still offered that short cut.

Later I found out that it is because of your screen size. If you compare it to my screenshot your "Units" and "Clipboard" sections are sort of condensed. I see the same if I decrease the size of the Prime window. When I do this, I am also not able to use the keyboard short for units. As Prime offers no way to configure and rearrange the menu items on the ribbons I guess you are stuck until you may work with a screen of better resolution/size.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

"Alt-M" to chose the Math ribbon (you have to do this even id that ribbon is already active) and then "u" for the units dropdown.

reignofratch
6-Contributor
(To:Werner_E)

That's what I thought! Unfortunately, U is not one of the shortcuts that pops up when I press alt+m.

@reignofratch wrote:

That's what I thought! Unfortunately, U is not one of the shortcuts that pops up when I press alt+m.

If its not "U" it might be a different one, depending on the language you user Prime in.

If you press Alt-M to select the Math ribbon, you also see the letters you have to press:

bild.png

reignofratch
6-Contributor

Issue.PNGI never got a notification about your reply and found this thread again while searching for the answer again.

That's one of the few things I don't have a letter for. 

At first I thought this may be a limitation of Prime Express and switch my Prime to Express mode, but I was still offered that short cut.

Later I found out that it is because of your screen size. If you compare it to my screenshot your "Units" and "Clipboard" sections are sort of condensed. I see the same if I decrease the size of the Prime window. When I do this, I am also not able to use the keyboard short for units. As Prime offers no way to configure and rearrange the menu items on the ribbons I guess you are stuck until you may work with a screen of better resolution/size.

reignofratch
6-Contributor

That solved it!
I knew it would be something small but I had no idea it would be this small.

Top Tags