cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How to save table data from Mathcad 15.0 (M010) to a text file ?

ptc-3934580
1-Newbie

How to save table data from Mathcad 15.0 (M010) to a text file ?

I want to create a table and assign the different variables to each cell. After the solving the values, Save the table to text file. How can do it ??

9 REPLIES 9

And whats wrong about WRITEPRN ??

Of course you would have to use it after you created your table.

Hello Suresh,

somewhere on this website there is a compendium of neat little programs. It is called "Useful extra components". From that sheet I've got this little helper (see attached file) that writes out data to a text file only on demand.

Hope this helps

Raiko

Yes i can use WRITEPRN..

But the text file format will be as shown

// Datafile written by Mathcad
// 05/12/14 10:37:22

.MATRIX 0 0 8 3
"FileName" "abc.prt" "STRING" "DrawingName" "abc.drw" "STRING" "Height" 80.56

Finally I am creating a vb.net application with good UI, which takes file path as input and writes all parameters to text file as needed. In this case i need to list all the parameters names to get its values

I am not sure from your description what you think you need. Is the problem the import in Mathcad or the export?

In this case i need to list all the parameters names to get its values

As far as i know there is no way to export Mathcad's variable names.

PhilipOakley
5-Regular Member
(To:Werner_E)

You can cheat by using the MathRegion XML export API in VBscript. This will, with a little care show you all the defined variables, the maths expressions, and results. You have to decode the XML though.

At the moment I'm doing it for a file compare function but it's not finished yet.

Philip

Sounds interesting!

Hi,

My intention is to create GUI in vb.net to enter the values for few parameters from user. Update the same values into MathCAD worksheet and run an evaluation, so that all the parameters dependent on user input get's update. Later i can get the updated parameters values which i need for further Product creation/analysis.

Thanks,

Suresh

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-3934580)

Take a look at this old thread for some various ways of saving tables as text files:

http://communities.ptc.com/message/180125

Top Tags