cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

I am getting error Argument outside of solution interval

JW_9781974
6-Contributor

I am getting error Argument outside of solution interval

Hello Experts,

What does Argument outside of solution interval error means and how to overcome this one? Also within Odesolve when there is no variable used for range variable still the plot can be plotted using the equation function. How to find out what does k subsides in this worksheet 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:JW_9781974)

See my remarks in the attached file

According plotting without a range: As long as you are not using units you may use Mathcads so called Quickplot feature where a plot of a function can be done without specifying a variable (range) for the abscissa values. Mathcad then chooses the number of values used for the plot as it think its needed and by default covers the range from -10 to 10 (you can override this by explicitly type in different end values in the placeholders of the plot axis.

But you may have more control if you define a range to be used for the abscissa values.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Werner_E
25-Diamond I

See my remarks in the attached file

According plotting without a range: As long as you are not using units you may use Mathcads so called Quickplot feature where a plot of a function can be done without specifying a variable (range) for the abscissa values. Mathcad then chooses the number of values used for the plot as it think its needed and by default covers the range from -10 to 10 (you can override this by explicitly type in different end values in the placeholders of the plot axis.

But you may have more control if you define a range to be used for the abscissa values.

JW_9781974
6-Contributor
(To:Werner_E)

Thank you for the information but I did not understand Where did the “(k)” come from in the OdeSolver example where X_gf(k) works for the plot but could not find any “k” range variable also what type of quantity is the OdeSolver result since the column vector of results contains items that are not variables, not vectors and not range variables. Could you please help

Werner_E
25-Diamond I

The odesolver does not return a vector of values but what it returns is a function (which it internally creates by interpolating the values of a calculated vector).

So you can use these functions with whatever named argument you like. It has not to be "k".

Announcements

Top Tags