cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Is there a "file history" or "version history" in Mathcad Prime?

markwlange-kth
4-Participant

Is there a "file history" or "version history" in Mathcad Prime?

I am looking for a tool that allows me to access the edit or save history of a file in Mathcad Prime, much like what is found in Creo.

I cannot find what I am looking for in Mathcad Prime. Any clues?

Regards,

/Mark

Dr. Mark W. Lange (Ph.D. in Machine Design)
University Lecturer in Applied Mechanical Engineering
KTH Royal Institute of Technology
School of Industrial Engineering and Management (ITM)
Dept. of Sustainable Production Development (HPU)
Kvarnbergagatan 12, 151 81 Södertälje, Sweden
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

By the way, here you can just right-click on the worksheet and open it immediately with the archiver without renaming the file.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Could you please provide an example from Creo?

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:VladimirN)

Mathcad and Prime will store in each file:

- the version number of the file, that is how many times the file was saved.

- The creator (PC node/ user name)

- The modifier (PC node/user name)

... I remember seeing an extra information string in some cases.

I fail to find any location in the application to see or modify such information, but then: I'm limited to Express.

In the application you can have the save-date of the file in the header or the footer of the file.

Success!
Luc

Do you mean the information contained in the "XML" files that I can see if I open Mathcad Prime worksheet with the archiver?

@VladimirN wrote:

Do you mean the information contained in the "XML" files that I can see if I open Mathcad Prime worksheet with the archiver?

Yes, Luc is referring to the information in \core.xml

The information is not available in Prime itself as far as I am aware. You have to rename the file to *.zip and extract the xml file to have access to this little bit of information.

Otherwise Prime provides no means for any kind of version management - you will have to use some kind of third party version control system.

The informations in \core.xml may also be seen as some kind of data leak and security breach given that most people give away this information freely when they pass along the file to others.

Even much more information about your system is contained in the log files created by Prime - e.g. in case of a problem when reading a file.

By the way, here you can just right-click on the worksheet and open it immediately with the archiver without renaming the file.

Thank you everyone for your replies! With these explanations I found the Version History by using the RMB on the file in the File Explorer!

Version History - Mathcad Prime.PNG

/Mark

Dr. Mark W. Lange (Ph.D. in Machine Design)
University Lecturer in Applied Mechanical Engineering
KTH Royal Institute of Technology
School of Industrial Engineering and Management (ITM)
Dept. of Sustainable Production Development (HPU)
Kvarnbergagatan 12, 151 81 Södertälje, Sweden
Top Tags