cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

License Misplacement

VG_11950040
3-Visitor

License Misplacement

All,

I recently bought MathCAD 10.00 Prime Student Edition and was unaware that once I logged into a certain machine with the license that it would lock in with that specific machine and I would be unable to log in on any other machine. I initially synced up a machine that I do not have consistent access to and I would like to move, or reset, or whatever needs to be done, to have the license that I purchased be activated/synced with the specific machine that I want. Was wondering if anyone could help.

Best, - VG

5 REPLIES 5
Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:VG_11950040)

Was wondering if anyone could help.

Possibly not here in the user-driven forum.

You may try to contact PTC License Management at
https://www.ptc.com/en/support/customer-support-guide/licensing/contact-licensing 

to help you to transfer the license from one to another machine.

Thanks to @VladimirN  who provided this link in another thread recently -> Need to remove old host ID to use license on a new...

I was just told to put something here when I called their customer support center. Hoping they reach out to me again soon.

Werner_E
25-Diamond I

@VG_11950040 wrote:

I was just told to put something here when I called their customer support center. Hoping they reach out to me again soon.

Interesting, as this here is a forum where users of Mathcad try to help others when it comes to using the software.

The majority of the participants here are not connected to PTC in any way (apart from the fact that they use PTC software).
PTC employees also post here relatively rarely.

There is also a subforum for questions about the apparently not entirely problem-free installation of the software, but I am not sure whether they can help you with licensing questions there.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Mathcad-Installation/bd-p/PTCMathcadInstall

Hope you can get in contact with PTC support soon. Judging by some of the posts by other users here in the forum, it can be quite challenging until you finally reach someone who can actually help you. So, be patient and persevere, and of course, have lots of luck with your endeavor...

Thanks! I'm going to send an email to wwlm@ptc.com regarding my problem after my class tonight. But I was going to try and contact PTC Customer Center again tomorrow and see if there is any updates. Just trying to use the license I bought ;,;. If anything I will probably make another post on the forum you mentioned as well and hope for the best.

Werner_E
25-Diamond I

Good luck!

Let us know here please how things worked out for you.

Announcements

Top Tags