cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Line in 3D

ValeryOchkov
24-Ruby IV

Line in 3D

Sorry, I have asked about it here and Alan has answered. But!

I have x1, y1, z1 and x2, y2, z2.

How can I plot a line in 3D between those two points (# 7 in the picture).

Mathcad 15 sheet please!

18.png

6 REPLIES 6

Unfortunately, I don't have M15 anymore, so can't check, but is there is anything of use in the worksheet attached to the following message?

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad/Plot-a-Point-in-3D-Space/m-p/423663#M166095

Cheers,

Stuart

(I have no idea what's in the worksheet - too long ago for my memory to deal with!)

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:StuartBruff)

Here's the PDF...

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:LucMeekes)

Thanks, Luc.

It looks like function line on page nine joins two points together (example on page eleven)

Cheers,

Stuart

(Any idea why the red is there on some items, Luc?   I probably wrote the functions for M11 or M14, so there might have been some change that affected something.  Either that or I was just playing around with something and was feeling too lazy to chop it out!)

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:StuartBruff)

Stuart,

It's definitely a Mathcad 11 file (certainly not 14, then it would have been xmcd).

I opened the area "plottools emulation" to ensure that you could see all. Errors are only inside the area.

For the plot with 'ac0' the complaint is "This is not a scalar".

Then two functions are not defined: 'fillmat' and 'reprow'. That effect ripples down, mostly because this renders the variable 'testmesh' undefined.

Other undefined functions are 'repcol', 'fillint'  and also 'linspace' (which could indicate that the file was 'saved down' from 13, 14 or 15).

Luc

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:LucMeekes)

Thanks, Luc. I suspect that the file was indeed saved down from M13 or M14. ISTR (very vaguely) that at that point I created worksheets in M13/14 and then tested that they worked in M11 (including options where M11 differed from the later versions).

Stuart

I'll have to have a dig around my Archive (ie, random pile of boxes in my attic) to see if I've still got my original M11 disks.

Sorry - no correct answer

Top Tags