cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

MathCAD 7 Prime Minimize Maximize function support

DB_10515651
2-Guest

MathCAD 7 Prime Minimize Maximize function support

I'm having trouble getting a minimization function to work for my HETP graph.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:DB_10515651)

6 REPLIES 6
ttokoro
20-Turquoise

image.png

That did help get an answer, but I am looking for the minimum of the top line of the graph on the second page. The minimum should be around 0.167 mm

ttokoro
20-Turquoise

Your plot is the answer in cm/s.

image.pngimage.png

I see now, thank you!

Circle.png

As @ttokoro  already noticed - minimize is quite sensible with respect to the initial guess value.

You may also use the root of the derivative and you don't even need to use symbolic calculation if you use the "root" function ("root" function with a provided guess value or a solve block with "find" would be other numeric ways to determine the desired position).

Werner_E_0-1670162889211.png

As you can see, using the derivative and the "root" function returns a result which is slightly more accurate (the corresponding H-value is slightly smaller).

Here is even another way to skin this cat, but I won't recommend it.

First we create vectors for u- and corresponding H-values and then use the "min" function to determine the smallest H-value. Lookup then gives us the corresponding velocity value.

Werner_E_2-1670163627950.png

Top Tags