cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Mathcad Prime 9 states that a variable is undefined when it is.

gatlas
8-Gravel

Team,

Please see the attached worksheet.

6 REPLIES 6
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:gatlas)

You can't numerically evaluate a function definition, so you must delete the equal sign after the definition of function f.

But there are a couple of other errors, too.

You define r as a function of t and so whenever you use r later, you have to type r(t) and not just r. Same applies to function theta(k).

Therefore your function s(theta) must be a function s(k,t) because its definition uses r(t) and theta(k) and whenever you use  s later you have to type s(k,t).

At the end you would have a function f dependent on t, M and and so far undefined value k.

I changed the definitions accordingly but am pretty sure that the result is not what you intended

Werner_E_1-1684066321423.png

BTW, you probably know that the imaginary unit is already predefined in Prime. You can type 1i or 1j (without a space or multiplication dot inbetween. For results you have the option to display it either with i or with j (or in polar representation). unfortunately unlike real Mathcad, Prime does not hide the the leading 1 and so the display is rather ugly and unusual which probably is the reason you (re)defined i. You may consider to label it as constant so it looks a bit different from a normal variable.

Werner,

It's not computing the correct answer. It's supposed to numerically invert a Laplace transform. 

I've attached the original paper. 

If you have a minute, have a look.

Thanks,

Glen

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Yes, thought it would not be the result you expected.

I just fixed the syntax, the Mathcad errors concerning your usage of functions, etc., but not the semantics.

Sorry, don't have the time to dive in the pdf you posted.

Werner,

Thanks anyway. I'll play with it some more. It's not super critical to my research.

Regards,

Glen

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

I couldn't understand the Mathematica syntax in the article you quote. Found another article by the same author and came up with this.

LucMeekes_0-1684483358930.png

Prime 4 file attached.

Success!
Luc

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:LucMeekes)

Updated to include the Euler and Gaver-Stehlfest algorithms as well.

Success!
Luc

Top Tags