cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Mathcad and Autodesk Inventor Integration

ptc-2941340
1-Newbie

Mathcad and Autodesk Inventor Integration

Hi

I have recently came across the inventor integration in Mathcad 15 from the downloads/add in page. However I am getting a number errors which I believe is due to the fact that this add in is supposed to work with Windows XP? Has anyone attempted or been successful in getting this add in installed on Windows 7? I find it strange that this add in can work with Mathcad 15 with it being a 'relatively' recent release and that XP is no longer a supported Windows OS.

I have attached a screenshot which shows the errors that are appearing in the cmd window which I believe are due to the fact that the OS is Windows 7 rather than XP.

If this is unfixable or unachievable can anyone tell me of any methods that they may have used to integrate Mathcad and Autodesk Inventor. I am currently looking at using excel as a bridge between the programmes, using tables and bill of materials etc...

Any help or support would be greatly appreciated. Just looking for some pointers and experiences from users. I have read and looked across the information available and it appears that Mathcad Prime 4.0 could integrate this but if anyone has any solutions or experiences of this type of thing using Mathcad 15, which is what I use now, or any later Mathcads such as prime 3.0 (as I can purchase or trail a copy).

Thanks

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags