cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Nonlinear ODE problem

ML_7720463
2-Guest

Nonlinear ODE problem

I am using Mathcad Prime Release 9.0 and Datecode9.0.0.0

Trying to use basic ODE solvers like rkfixed within a solve block. My goal is to solve a pair of nonlinear ODEs (intial value problem) which are not linear in the highest derivative term, using state space if possible. I need to use the iterative solver block because reducing the ODEs to standard form is quite difficult. the odesolve function cannot handle these equations. Are the basic solvers usable in a solve block for this type of problem? If so, an example sheet would be very helpful, the documentation and forums have not been enough. I have begun trying to solve the simple spring/mass system this way, before tackling the full equations, but not yet successful.

Here are the errors that I faced
Variable undefined. Unable to form derivative matrix (odesolve).

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

OK, I will stop trying to make that approach work and just write a program with a solve block and my own integration routine.  Knowing when to move on is just about as valuable as getting the answer.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Please attach your worksheet to the message.

Attached is the simple sheet for spring/mass system.  I have also tried rkfixed solver with similar results.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:ML_7720463)

As far as I know you need to use the standard solvers (rkfixed, AdamsBDF etc,) stand alone, that is NOT in a solve block.

Success!
Luc

OK, I will stop trying to make that approach work and just write a program with a solve block and my own integration routine.  Knowing when to move on is just about as valuable as getting the answer.

Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:ML_7720463)

Would this help:

Werner_E_2-1724050617648.png

Announcements

Top Tags