cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

PTC Mathcad Prime "file type is not supported", error

linda9
2-Guest

PTC Mathcad Prime "file type is not supported", error

Hello!

I just installed Mathcad Prime 5 on my computer two days ago and started working on a file. The first two days it was working perfectly, but today when I tried opening the file I got an error message stating that the type of file is not supported. I haven't made any updates since working on the file yesterday. I still need the content of the file and I am also wondering why this happened. I have attached the file. I am new to using Mathcad and I am hoping that someone can help me. (I am working on a MacBook with Windows running via Bootcamp). Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:linda9)

I'm afraid your file is lost. The zip file you attached has a size of only 319 bytes and occupies 0 kB on my disk.

It contains an .mcdx file with a supposed expanded size of 118 kB (100 % compression). You rported Prime will not open it. If renamed to .ZIP, it subsequently is not recognized as such. Bad file.

Your backup system and strategy becomes important to recover your work...

Success!
Luc

That's too bad but thank you very much for trying! 

Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:linda9)

Unfortunately I must confirm that the information in the file is lost (unless you have a backup somewhere).

The mcdx-file in the zip-file you sent with its size of 120169 bytes contains 120169 zero bytes. So there is no information which could be recovered.

Top Tags