cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Plotting failed. Replace complex values and NaNs by real numbers. Mathcad14 and Prime 3.0

Nykus
5-Regular Member

Plotting failed. Replace complex values and NaNs by real numbers. Mathcad14 and Prime 3.0

Hello,

I'm starting my adventure with Mathcad.

I have two the same files written in Mathcad 14 and Mathcad Prime 3.0.But it only works well in Mathcad 14 and I don't understand why. 

In Prime 3.0 when i trying to plot the graph i have: "Plotting failed. Replace complex values and NaNs by real numbers."

I noticed that there are many people with similar problems. I have read all topics related to it and I still don't know what is wrong with my file.

Can you help me?

Screenshot 2020-06-15 08-45-51.jpgScreenshot 2020-06-15 08-45-34.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:Nykus)

Never type square brackets unless you really intend to create a matrix/vector. Otherwise type parenthesis only! Sometimes in real Mathcad and even in Prime they may be displayed as square brackets, but even you should never type square brackets yourself. In real Mathcad its not possible to enter that trap as typing "[" always will create a vector/matrix index, but in Prime after a multiplication dot it creates a matrix/vector.

Werner_E_1-1592361524364.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Never type square brackets unless you really intend to create a matrix/vector. Otherwise type parenthesis only! Sometimes in real Mathcad and even in Prime they may be displayed as square brackets, but even you should never type square brackets yourself. In real Mathcad its not possible to enter that trap as typing "[" always will create a vector/matrix index, but in Prime after a multiplication dot it creates a matrix/vector.

Werner_E_1-1592361524364.png

Nykus
5-Regular Member
(To:Werner_E)

Thank you! All clear.

I didn't know that the brackets are so important...

I have one more question:

How can I move this graph to Excel? For matching.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Take a screenshot and paste it onto the Excel worksheet.

Better: Take your data from Excel to Prime and plot it along with the Prime data.

Success!
Luc

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

@Nykus wrote:

Thank you! All clear.

I didn't know that the brackets are so important...

I have one more question:

How can I move this graph to Excel? For matching.

Do you mean transferring the data to Excel and recreate the plot there?

You may create vectors for x an y in Prime and either manually copy the values to your Excel sheet or use an Excel component to do so or use the function WRITEEXCEL to do the job.
EDIT: copy and paste works pretty well in real Mathcad but as usual fails in Prime. So you are limited to the other two methods or export the data to a text file using WRITETEXT("C:\TestFile.txt", augment(xvec,yvec)). You may also use WRITEPRN or WRITECSV, but WRITETEXT seems to be less painful when it comes to copy and paste.

Werner_E_0-1592570283778.png

Remarks:
1) Note that the indices used are vector/matrix indices (created by typing "[") and not literal indices (created by typing "Ctrl -").

2) Your function N.ob fails at x=0 as of a division by zero. Thats the reason for the "i+1" and range only running up to 99 and not 100.

Nykus
5-Regular Member
(To:Werner_E)

Thank you 

Your explanations are very good and helped me a lot!

Top Tags