cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Polynomial Factorization and Simplification

JohnDoe
2-Guest

Polynomial Factorization and Simplification

Dear Mathcad fans,

I would like to know which function in Mathcad allows for polynomial factorization and simplification? Please see the attached example. I put a function and a simplified form of it (manually calculated). How to achieve that result with Mathcad?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:JohnDoe)

The symbolic processor does not llke degrees.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AndyWesterman
4-Participant

The Symbolic engine will do this for you, sometimes you will need to add additional commands (also available on the symbolic toolbar.

Regards

Andy

No you used the manually calculated result.

Try to use the symbolic evaluation with the original function (see attached file).

AndyWesterman
4-Participant

Oh dear I seem to be sleeping...

Next best...

Not quite what you want but Mathcad seem quite happy that it has simplified the form enough.

difficult for Mathcad to know that sin(60deg) should be displayed as (square root 2)/4; ... 61degrees wouldn't simplify in the same way.

regards

Andy

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

The symbolic processor does not llke degrees.

Thanks guys. The solution of Richard is perfect.

@Mona Zeftel: please correct this in next releases so that "simplify" gives directly the desired solution without workarounds. And please add nH (nano Henry = 10^-9 Henry) to the list of units.

Top Tags