cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Problem Installing V15 - Order Number and Customer Number?

mfrench
12-Amethyst

Problem Installing V15 - Order Number and Customer Number?

Hi Folks,

I just got an educational license for Mathcad.  I'm running Windows 10 on an MS Surface.  The only information I have from PTC is an order number and a product code.

V15 install needs an order number and a customer number.  Their help points to a copy of a paper invoice that should be packed with the CD.  However, I downloaded it, so no paper invoice.  Any idea where to find these numbers.  The help line for sales had no idea and helpfully pointed me to an installation support line that is closed right now (banker's hours).

Prime 5 installation crashed with a cryptic message about having a more capable version of one of the components already installed.  Does Prime 5 installation fail if V15 is already on the machine?  There's a V15 icon on the desktop, though V15 doesn't work.

Any guesses about whether this is this something general, or a problem unique to this machine?

Thanks for your help 🙂

Mark

4 REPLIES 4
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:mfrench)

To take some of your worries away:

Prime 5 and Mathcad 15 should install and run independently from each other. The only dependance is when you want to convert Mathcad files to Prime format. There's an interface in Prime that requires Mathcad 15 to be installed in order for the conversion to function. But you don't really need that...

In addition both applications should install with the very same license file.

Prime 5 requires a 64-bit OS, that is, your windows 10 should be 64 bit (not 32 bit).

Mathcad 15 does not (should not) care. It's 32 bits and installs in windows 10 32 as well as 64 bits.

Success!
Luc

mfrench
12-Amethyst
(To:LucMeekes)

Thanks for the info.  I'll uninstall Prime and V15 this weekend and give it another try.  Failing that, I'll wait until Monday and call the help line.

mfrench
12-Amethyst
(To:LucMeekes)

Frustration.  I've been trying the installation help phone number given to me by the sales people (877-275-4782).  System seems to be designed by people who really don't want to talk to their customers.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:mfrench)

Top Tags