cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Pseudoinverse Matrix

Michael2
4-Participant

Pseudoinverse Matrix

Hello,

Do any of you have a script for calculating a pseudoinverse matrix nxm?

I found a script here, but it is written in Mathcad 15 and unfortunately I don't have a licence to convert it to prime.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Mathcad/Programming-example/td-p/229552 

Thanks

Michael

10 REPLIES 10

Hi

Prime 10 version below

Cheers

Terry

Hi Terry,

thanks very much for your quick reply, I'm amazed. Unfortunately I'm currently working with Prime 7 Our IT doesn't has updated to 10.

Are you able to provide this in 7?

Regards

Michael

Yes give me a few minutes to fire up a laptop

Hi,

Cannot do Prime 7 did try?

Cheers

Terry

I tried, but I got an error message. Done with a newer version

@Michael2 wrote:

Hello,

Do any of you have a script for calculating a pseudoinverse matrix nxm?

I found a script here, but it is written in Mathcad 15 and unfortunately I don't have a licence to convert it to prime.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Mathcad/Programming-example/td-p/229552 

Thanks

Michael

If you don't have a licence to convert it means that you are using the free Express version of Prime and are past the trial period.

In this case the converted sheet won't help as programming is disabled in Express.

For calculating the pseudoinverse you may use the built-in function "geninv". Its not a premium function and works in Express as well.

In case you are just curious here is a screenshot of the original file (btw, setting ORIGIN:=0 at the end would not be necessary at all)

Werner_E_1-1723127171649.png

EDIT: Wasn't aware that it still would work, but it did, so find attached the file converted to Prime 6. You should be able to open it with Prime 7.

Michael2
4-Participant
(To:Werner_E)

Hello Werner,

I don't work with an express version. The mcd converter button is not "active".  I thought you needed a MC 15 version for the converter from prime to work. If this is not the case I will ask my administrator to install the MCD converter. 

Thanks very much for your help

Michael

I think that starting with Prime 7 the installation was self-contained in the sense that no extra installation of MC15 was necessary to do the conversions.

But when you install Prime the check box to install the converter as well must be actively checked, its not checked by default.
You always can rerun the installer to add the converter to your installation if it wasn't done in the first place.

Hi,

Here is a version that should open on Prime 7

Cheers

Terry

@terryhendicott wrote:

Hi,

Here is a version that should open on Prime 7

Cheers

Terry

Thanks, I guess the Prime 6 version I posted earlier should  work in P7 as well.
I did not expected it to work but gave it a try and found that the P6 converter still works OK even though newer Prime versions were installed.

Top Tags