cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Read values from plots

BT_10780541
5-Regular Member

Read values from plots

How can I add cursor to read the values from the plots it is possible in prime 10? Or any other method ?

Cheers,

Bruce

4 REPLIES 4
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:BT_10780541)

We need more info.

Is the plot created in/with Prime?

Attach the Prime worksheet that contains a/the plot.

Do you want the cursor, or just the data,,?

Success!

Luc

BT_10780541
5-Regular Member
(To:LucMeekes)

Its kind of general question I have. There are plenty of plots in my worksheet just wanted to know if there is a way to add cursor to read values from the plots 

If I understand the request correctly, you want something like this?

DJNewman_0-1723568995450.png

(This uses Horizontal and Vertical markers where the vertical marker is equal to xvalue and the horizontal marker is set equal to xvalue2. xvalue can be slided with the Slider control that goes from -10 to 10. Doing this changes the location of both markers)

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.

I guess you are talking about a "trace" facility like the one we had in real Mathcad.

Werner_E_0-1723587201378.pngWerner_E_1-1723587214850.png

Unfortunately Prime does not provide anything comparable.

The workaround provided by @DJNewman  looks similar and is a nice idea, but of course is much more uncomfortable and labor-intensive. Especially when you think about hopping from one plot trace to another or when you think about plots of functions in parameter representation. It sure can be done (the slider could change the parameter instead of the x-value) but it means to hav eto invest quite some work and you end up with a slider reacting very slow and tenacious.

Here is an attempt in P10 following the idea presented by @DJNewman .

I won't claim that its a satisfying and convenient solution, but ...

Werner_E_2-1723587678096.png

Top Tags