cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Results should be plotting curves, getting linear plots

mappleby811
5-Regular Member

Results should be plotting curves, getting linear plots

So basically I'm recreating a calculation based on an example done in Mathcad 15 (I only have a PDF of that example). I've gone through all the math and finally got a plot working, but the results aren't coming out as expected. I'm afraid that something in Mathcad 15 works differently from how it does in Prime, but I don't know what it might be. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Comparing with the pdf I noticed some differences And I sure did not compare line by line, so chances are very high that there are more differences and typos.

You used the wrong function when defining Phi.n

Werner_E_0-1699047542704.png

And here the minus signs are missing

Werner_E_1-1699047609952.png

Main problem seems to be the axis limits in the plot which you had set manually. Delete them and let Prime chose the values itself and you will see more of the plot. But it does not look like the plot in the pdf and the scaling/magnitude is quite different.

Werner_E_2-1699047872351.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Comparing with the pdf I noticed some differences And I sure did not compare line by line, so chances are very high that there are more differences and typos.

You used the wrong function when defining Phi.n

Werner_E_0-1699047542704.png

And here the minus signs are missing

Werner_E_1-1699047609952.png

Main problem seems to be the axis limits in the plot which you had set manually. Delete them and let Prime chose the values itself and you will see more of the plot. But it does not look like the plot in the pdf and the scaling/magnitude is quite different.

Werner_E_2-1699047872351.png

mappleby811
5-Regular Member
(To:Werner_E)

Thanks again! It doesn't totally solve my issue, but it's a start

Top Tags