cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Several formatting issues

DSE514
4-Participant

Several formatting issues

So, I'm using Mathcad express prime 8, I've been trying it out in a trial, liking it so far, I've come to run into some issues:

The first one is that despite having the decimal precision set to exactly 3, these numbers are being displayed as the full precision of the solver, and I have no idea why:

long solution.PNG

No matter what I've tried, Nothing seems to fix it. Every other solution is displaying properly.

The second issue I'm having are with these units. I wanted to display mΩ where appropriate, but I can't seem to figure out how to properly add units.

The last issue is of this temperature issue. I'm trying to do a temperature analysis on a mosfet but the temperature units is giving me issues. I've tried to look for solutions online, but nothing seems to have worked.

temperature issue.PNG

I'll be including the sheet if needed. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:DSE514)

image.pngimage.png

If you want to evaluate symbolic, float can set the digits.  Using = then you get the digits you want from 0 to 15 digits.

image.pngimage.png

Mathcad has no mΩ unit. So, make it and then use it. 

image.pngimage.png

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ttokoro
20-Turquoise

image.pngimage.png

If you want to evaluate symbolic, float can set the digits.  Using = then you get the digits you want from 0 to 15 digits.

image.pngimage.png

Mathcad has no mΩ unit. So, make it and then use it. 

image.pngimage.png

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

The "float" modifier should be use with care (if ever). It does not only affect the display of the result but the precision of the whole calculation! This may lead to quite undesired inaccuracies.

DSE514
4-Participant
(To:Werner_E)

I'll keep this in mind, thank you!

DSE514
4-Participant
(To:ttokoro)

This actually answers everything that I need! I didn't realize that you had to address the unit as a unit when defining it, I just made it assuming that it would automatically address it as a unit. Thanks!

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I

Welcome to Mathcad!  Like every program, there's a learning curve and strange phenomenon.  First off, you're NOT running Prime Express (yet)

Fred_Kohlhepp_0-1664715633792.png

The math above is "symbolic" math--the solve, arrows are tell-tales,  Express will let you see symbolics, but they won't calculate.  (A lot of "premium features" are disabled in Express but it's still a very useful tool  BUT MATHCAD IS AND HAS ALWAYS BEEN A BETTER NUMERICAL ENGINE THAN A SYMBOLIC ENGINE.  It will try, but a review of these posts will reveal a large percentage of people trying to get the symbolic engine to behave.

As for the rest, defining a new unit is a simple matter of formatting the label.  And the error in your temperature calculations is a unit violation.

Attached is a Prime Express 4.0 file, readable by any version of Prime 4.0 or higher. 

Top Tags