cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Specify name to a row in a matrix

WS_11796812
4-Participant

Specify name to a row in a matrix

WS_11796812_0-1724944774864.png

WS_11796812_1-1724945006709.png

Trying to display the corresponding controlling condition associated with Column 1 to be displayed to the right. Is there a way this can de done simply?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:LucMeekes)

@LucMeekes wrote:

You should attach the prime worksheet.

Try this on the placeholder for RFsplice[i,2:

LucMeekes_1-1724966239984.png

Success!
Luc

Haven't you forgotten the third function argument (1) of "vlookup"?

Maybe also a vector index 0 at the end, so the result is just the string and not a vector containing the string.

Even though I guess thats it not necessary here, a sophisticated approach would be

Werner_E_1-1724970553720.png

as it returns a single string in the normal case (?) that the minimum is present in just one of the three matrices, but also covers the case that it may be present in two or all three matrices.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:WS_11796812)

Success!
Luc

Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:LucMeekes)

@LucMeekes wrote:

Success!
Luc

Haven't you forgotten the third function argument (1) of "vlookup"?

Maybe also a vector index 0 at the end, so the result is just the string and not a vector containing the string.

Even though I guess thats it not necessary here, a sophisticated approach would be

Werner_E_1-1724970553720.png

as it returns a single string in the normal case (?) that the minimum is present in just one of the three matrices, but also covers the case that it may be present in two or all three matrices.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Werner_E)

Yes, I did forget about that. 😔 

Fortunately there's you, to correct my silly mistake. 🙂 

Luc

WS_11796812
4-Participant
(To:Werner_E)

Thanks that works

Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:WS_11796812)

@WS_11796812 wrote:

Thanks that works

Actually it was Luc providing the initial solution. I just jumped in to point out that he accidentally forgot about the third function argument.

With my elaborate version you will see a vector with two or maybe even three entries if by chance the two or all three values in your three vectors have the same (min) value. Not sure if this could happen with your data and if you really need that option.

Announcements

Top Tags