cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Copy / Paste Equations as Math inputs into Mathcad

RW_10951498
3-Visitor

Copy / Paste Equations as Math inputs into Mathcad

Hi All,

So I have a long list of equations in a word document that are laid out like they need to be in Mathcad script. 

Does anyone know a way to copy text and paste it into mathcad so it recognises it as a Math input and not a Text Box?  The only way to currently do it is to re-write the equations in mathcad, character by character. 

Using Mathcad Prime 9.0.0 license

Thanks, 

Rich

5 REPLIES 5
Werner_E
25-Diamond I
(To:RW_10951498)

I fear you will have to stick with retyping the math expressions.

Prime does not support any standard math format for expression exchanging with other software.

See also a similar question here Copying Mathcad Prime equation into Word or Powerp... - PTC Community

Oh, that is disappointing. 

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

There was a time (and a Mathcad version 11) when, using undocumented tricks it was possible to convert regular mathcad expressions into strings:

LucMeekes_3-1725266296282.png

and strings into regular Mathcad expressions:

LucMeekes_4-1725266317013.png

I don't see plans for either on the feature list for Prime 11. The feature may have been submitted in the ideas section (https://community.ptc.com/t5/Mathcad-Ideas/idb-p/PTCMathcadIdeas ) in which case you could vote it up, or else submit it as a suggestion. Then hopefully, before Prime 111 it will be implemented.

Success!
Luc

That is the function I need! Frustrating that  it was once a feature but has now been removed 😞

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

It wasn't a feature, but undocumented behaviour, and it wasn't removed, but made inaccessible.

Possibly you can find such functions in Maple or Mathematica. But they would render equations for those applications only, which are not convertible to Mathcad/Prime.

Success!
Luc

Announcements

Top Tags