cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Summation Assistance Needed

RMXByker
1-Newbie

Summation Assistance Needed

I'm assuming that this is most likely an easy question for a knowledgable Prime 1.0 user to assist me on but I'm a newb and getting frustrated.

I need to sum the values M1 through M31.

Mathmatically it should be as easy as setting up as I showed in my image. Any help is appreciated. The top section is just a sample of some of the variables to make sure I can pull them back and add them.

The only thing that I can see to potentially be a problem is in my Function utilizing M as a constant term and x as the variable.Summation.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:RMXByker)

Firstly welcome to the forum.

I haven't got Prime available at the moment but do have M15, which I assume you have if you have Prime.

Have you got all values of M defined? If so, you should have defined that using the subscript key :- M[1= M[2= M[3= etc...

Have a look at the attached Mathcad sheet.

Mike

Unfortunately I do not have 15, only have Prime on my computer. Our company decided to jump into just utilizing Prime and not 15. Can you go into more specific information on your explanation? Maybe a screen shot since I am unable to open your example.

Thanks for your assistance Mike!

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Maybe a screen shot since I am unable to open your example.

As requested.

Clipboard02.jpg

Mike

Tha attached should help.

Alan

That did it. I understand what Mike was trying to explain by utilizing the [ key. Thank you greatly all for your assitance!!!

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

No problem. I would consider installing Mathcad 15 though for compatibility issues.

Mike

Message was edited by: Mike Armstrong - And you can also convert files from M15 to Prime.

Throwing 15 on the laptop today...

Man I've got a lot to learn about MathCAD before I'm going to become comfortable with it. Very powerful though. Excited to learn for sure!

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Throwing 15 on the laptop today...

Man I've got a lot to learn about MathCAD before I'm going to become comfortable with it. Very powerful though. Excited to learn for sure!

Good stuff.

Spending time on this forum and digging through the examples will help. The majority of what I know was achieved by asking questions and learning from others.

Mike

Top Tags