cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Summation

JW_9781974
6-Contributor

Summation

Hello Experts,

When I am trying to use summation instead of giving one single value it is giving me table as output can someone please help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Attached is a file with the suggestions of Luc implemented

You can use your way but because you are using the default value 0 for ORIGIN, vector indices start with 0 and so you have to accommodate for that when you define you range.

Werner_E_0-1666647340705.png

But you are on the save side if you define the range as was suggested by Luc. And its important that you you the vector/matrix index on E and not a literal one!

Werner_E_1-1666647431486.png

To calculate the sum you may also use the vector sum from the matrix toolbar (her you don't need any index on E)

Werner_E_2-1666647523689.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:JW_9781974)

You probably want to set

i:= ORIGIN...last(E)

to have it index all elements of the vector E.

Then in the summation you have i at the bottom of the Sigma, but you should also use it in the argument to Sigma.

instead of just

E

use

E[i

Success!
Luc

There us a shortcut:

Fred_Kohlhepp_0-1666712367302.png

Attached is a file with the suggestions of Luc implemented

You can use your way but because you are using the default value 0 for ORIGIN, vector indices start with 0 and so you have to accommodate for that when you define you range.

Werner_E_0-1666647340705.png

But you are on the save side if you define the range as was suggested by Luc. And its important that you you the vector/matrix index on E and not a literal one!

Werner_E_1-1666647431486.png

To calculate the sum you may also use the vector sum from the matrix toolbar (her you don't need any index on E)

Werner_E_2-1666647523689.png

Top Tags