cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Unit Not Compactible Error

JS_10176244
2-Guest

Unit Not Compactible Error

Hi,

Why aim getting this error?

What should I do to get the answer in units mW/cm^3 or watts/meter^3

Jacob

Prime 8.0

JS_10176244_1-1694024520348.png

JS_10176244_2-1694024558859.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Prime is perfectly right in criticizing the different, incompatible units.

The formula you are trying to use is an empirical one - its not unit consistent. The formula must be used with the numbers only without any units and you have to follow the instructions which number you should put in. The text you show demands Bpk to be in Gauß (and not Tesla e.g.) and f must be in Hertz (and not kHz).

In Prime you can achieve this by dividing the variables by the exact units demanded in the text and adding the unit which the text says the result would be in:

Werner_E_0-1694030649465.png

BTW, it does not matter at all which units you use when you define a variable - Prime always converts and stores the value in its standard unit (usually SI standard unit). So you sure can define f1:=1kHz, etc.

I don't attach the sheet as I am using P9 and you would not be able to open it in P8. It should be clear from the pic what you have to do, though.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Prime is perfectly right in criticizing the different, incompatible units.

The formula you are trying to use is an empirical one - its not unit consistent. The formula must be used with the numbers only without any units and you have to follow the instructions which number you should put in. The text you show demands Bpk to be in Gauß (and not Tesla e.g.) and f must be in Hertz (and not kHz).

In Prime you can achieve this by dividing the variables by the exact units demanded in the text and adding the unit which the text says the result would be in:

Werner_E_0-1694030649465.png

BTW, it does not matter at all which units you use when you define a variable - Prime always converts and stores the value in its standard unit (usually SI standard unit). So you sure can define f1:=1kHz, etc.

I don't attach the sheet as I am using P9 and you would not be able to open it in P8. It should be clear from the pic what you have to do, though.

Thanks Werner. HIghly appreciated

Top Tags