cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Using Data Tables in Mathcad Prime 3.0

avarma
1-Newbie

Using Data Tables in Mathcad Prime 3.0

Hello,

I was working on Mathcad Prime 3.0 and I started using it only a week back. I tried to insert data in to the table from a text file as we do it in Mathcad and I didn't succeed, I tried several options available in Prime such as README, but I didn't really understood how to use it to get the data into table.

As many of us know that in Mathcad we do it in a very simple manner by inserting a table and importing data into it, and if we un check the relative file path then the data can be stored in the template forever.

I was struggling to do the same thing in Mathcad Prime 3.0. Can someone one help me in this regard.

Thank you very much in Advance!

Ashok.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I
(To:avarma)

I'm a long time user of 15, and I love the data tables.

In Prime you can insert an EXCEL component. Paste your data into the blank component, then write an output statement to pull the data into Mathcad. A little clunkier than data tables, but the same end result.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I

I'm a long time user of 15, and I love the data tables.

In Prime you can insert an EXCEL component. Paste your data into the blank component, then write an output statement to pull the data into Mathcad. A little clunkier than data tables, but the same end result.

Thank you very much Fred! It worked

nas0k
7-Bedrock

For a text file, try something like A:= then input the data file using the "Data Filename" icon. from there, use READTEXT(A)= which will display your text array. You can designate "READTEXT(A)" as a matrix too, i.e. M:= READTEXT(A).

I hope this helps.

Norm

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I
(To:nas0k)

The problem I have with this approach is that the data is not stored in the Mathcad file; if someone "reorganizes" the files and the link is broken the data is lost and the sheet breaks. To avoid this I have occasionally:

data := READFILE("your data file") {get the data you want into the Mathcad variable data}

data = { xxx xxx xxx } {write out the data matrix if it's not too large}

copy what's in the square brackets. (Make sure the accuracy is what you need.)

data := (paste the clipboard data here) {defines the variable data with the actual numbers.}

Go back and disable the "READFILE" command

data is now stored in the Mathcad sheet.

Announcements

Top Tags