cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Variable undefined and placement

ptc-5502575
1-Newbie

Variable undefined and placement

I'm new to MathCAD and am having some hopefully easily solved issues. I'm attempting to recreate a document, and the first thing is a quadratic equation. The variables in it, a, b, and c are all to be defined in lines after the equation, which of course causes a definition error. Is there a way to fix this? Also, the variable x causes an error, needing to be defined itself.

2 REPLIES 2

May be as in attach?

I'm attempting to recreate a document

So the problems with coefficients being not defined in front of the calculations should be already adressed in the file you try to duplicate!?

The variables in it, a, b, and c are all to be defined in lines after the equation, which of course causes a definition error. Is there a way to fix this?

Either turn your function/calculation into function(s) of the coefficients a,b,c or define them globally (not recommended).

Also, the variable x causes an error, needing to be defined itself.

You have put the function parameter in the place which is reserved for the unit. You have to type the parentheses yourself.

See if the attached sheet helps.

Top Tags