cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Why all “TextBox” controls cannot be seen on a picture?

JefferyGu
1-Newbie

Why all “TextBox” controls cannot be seen on a picture?

Hi Mike,

I use a picture and some “TextBox” controls to form a title block. But when I reopen the worksheet, all the “TextBox” controls cannot be seen.

I follow the following setps to form the title block:

1. Use “READBMP” function to get an array of a picture.
  2. Copy all data from the array to the other array named “MCover”.
  3. Insert a picture with the “MCover” array into worksheet.
  4. Add some “TextBox” controls on the picture to show some information.
  5. Right-click on the picture and select “Send to Back”.

The worksheet is shown as chart1. But when I save the worksheet and reopen it, it is shown as chart2. All the “TextBox” controls cannot be seen. If I right-click on the picture and select “Send to Back”, all the “TextBox” controls can be seen again.

I don’t know how to solve this problem. Please give me a hand.

Best regards.

Jeffery

7 REPLIES 7
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:JefferyGu)

Did you delete my reply?

I previously asked if you could upload the worksheet as the one you attached is not a Mathcad worksheet.

Mike

Mike,

Mathcad file can be found in the attached archive. It is packed with the archiver 7-Zip: http://www.7-zip.org/

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

Mathcad file can be found in the attached archive. It is packed with the archiver 7-Zip: http://www.7-zip.org/

But why?

Has Jeffery zipped this himself?

Mike

Yes, it's zipped archive file ".7z" (given that all the attached file is automatically archived).

Hi Mike,

I re-upload four files in the attached archive "TitleBlock.zip":

1.Test.xmcd

2.chart1.bmp

3.chart2.bmp

4.picture.jpg

Thank you.

Jeffery

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:JefferyGu)

Mathcad does not preserve the order when you save the file. It is an ancient bug that has been brought up many times, but never fixed.

Hi Richard,

In the “Test.xmcd” file, the text “Example Data Sheet” can be seen, but the other contents which belong to “TextBox” controls cannot be seen. I open the “Test.xmcd” file with a XML editor. I find the difference between “Text Region” xml content and “TextBox” control xml content:

The xml format of “Text Region”:

<region region-id="6236" left="54" top="324" width="463.5" height="22.5" align-x="54" align-y="342" show-border="false" show-highlight="false" is-protected="true" z-order="780" background-color="inherit" tag="">

<text use-page-width="false" push-down="false" lock-width="true">

<p style="Normal" margin-left="inherit" margin-right="inherit" text-indent="inherit" text-align="center" list-style-type="inherit" tabs="inherit">

<f size="20">

<b>Example Data Sheet</b>

</f>

</p>

</text>

</region>

The xml format of “TextBox” control:

<region region-id="6231" left="36" top="234" width="498.75" height="16.5" align-x="36" align-y="234" show-border="false" show-highlight="false" is-protected="true" z-order="738" background-color="inherit" tag="">

<component hide-arguments="true" clsid="01350063-1122-11DB-9380-000D56C6051A" clsid-buddy="01350056-1122-11DB-9380-000D56C6051A" item-idref="14" disable-calc="false">

<inputs>

<ml:id xml:space="preserve" xmlns:ml="http://schemas.mathsoft.com/math30">B2_1</ml:id>

</inputs>

<outputs>

<ml:id xml:space="preserve" xmlns:ml="http://schemas.mathsoft.com/math30">I3_5</ml:id>

</outputs>

</component>

<rendering item-idref="15"/>

</region>

There is a “push-down” attribute in the “Text Region” xml content, but there is no “push-down” attribute in the “TextBox” control xml content. I think the “push-down” attribute and “z-order” attribute take effect on the visibility of all kinds of regions. Why not add “push-down” attribute to the xml content of “TextBox” control? Is there any way to edit the xml content of “TextBox", and how to do it?

Best regards.

Jeffery

Top Tags