cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

array index not starting at 0

Raiko
17-Peridot

array index not starting at 0

Hello all,

I have a problem with the display of an array (see attached pic).
The red circles are measurment values. I'd like to add a fit function that is defined by boundaries given as "von" and "bis"; a piece wise fitting and interpolation that is.
The fitting functions do not pose a problem, however, the fit function's values are written into an array starting at 0. Since my measuerement values do not start at zero but at an arbitrary point these two graphs do not match.

One way to overcome this is to extend the array by adding zeros but these zeros are displayed as well. The graph then looks really ugly.

Hence my question: does anybody know of a way to display only parts of an array starting at an arbitrary value?

Raiko
5 REPLIES 5

>The graph then looks really ugly.<<br> ___________________________________

Probably lot worst than "ugly",
I guess everything wrong !

You know how to help yourself ... attach the work sheet,
"save as" as low version you figure help is there.
You message flies in the blue.

jmG
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:Raiko)

On 8/5/2009 8:26:56 AM, raiko01 wrote:
== Hence my question: does anybody know of a way to display only parts of an array starting at an arbitrary value?

Try adding 'von' to i on the x-axis.

Stuart
LouP
11-Garnet
(To:Raiko)

One way to skip points in an array is to use the fact that the 2-D graph doesn't plot complex values. Make the points you don't want to plot imaginary. They won't plot, and the array indices haven't changed. Making an intermediate value imaginary will put a break in a line plot.

Lou

Don't post pictures (who knows how you got them?), post actual work sheets.

Don't create an array for the fit, plot the function. Don't plot against the index value (not usually meaningful), plot against a suitable independent variable.
(To:TomGutman)

On 8/5/2009 3:30:42 PM, Tom_Gutman wrote:
>Don't post pictures (who knows
>how you got them?), post
>actual work sheets.
>
>Don't create an array for the
>fit, plot the function. Don't
>plot against the index value
>(not usually meaningful), plot
>against a suitable independent
>variable.
>__________________
>� � � � Tom Gutman

Hello guys,

thank you for your input but I found the culprit - I used the index of the measurment value instead of the value itself; silly me.

Raiko

Announcements

Top Tags