cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

excel data to table

Yunus_Demirol
7-Bedrock

excel data to table

Hello everyone,

I want to import excel data to a table that has names and units... I'm adding the excel data and Mathcad file.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you (in the EXCEL file) select and copy only the numbers, then paste them into Mathcad, Prime will create a table with the numbers but with un-declared variable names and units.  You can then fill in the names and unit values and the table columns will work like vectors in Mathcad.  An example is attached (Prime 8).  Your example (with multiple columns with the same names would be challenging, and using the same calculations with a different set of data would be an issue.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Maybe the attached file can be of any help

Hi,

It is easy to multiply the excelread statement by the expected unit.

Capture.JPG

When augmenting and stacking matrices the rows of each augment and columns of each stack should match

Capture2.JPG

This gets the required matrix.  It is not an input table.

Capture3.JPG

Cheers

Terry

Yes, but is looks like the desired unit is mm, not m.

And as can be seen in the sheet I posted above, you have to make a compromise - either a text header or the preferred unit showing or a table without units at all 😞

Thank you all for your response. Your replies were constructive but I want to use this table's parameters in calculations, formulas,

curve formulas, etc. 

@Yunus_Demirol wrote:

Thank you all for your response. Your replies were constructive but I want to use this table's parameters in calculations, formulas,

curve formulas, etc. 

Then you have to use a matrix without any text labels, just the numbers (and unit).

Prime refuses to multiply a string like "X" or "Kdata" with a number like 5.

Maybe you can come to the conclusion that you don't need a text header - the variable name of the vector can reflect its meaning and the unit is automatically  shown right next to it anyway.

Single vectors are more convenient to work with anyway as opposed to a larger table (matrix) where you have to select the columns for calcs using the column selector.

When you asked for a table, I thought you would simply want is for display purposes only.

If you (in the EXCEL file) select and copy only the numbers, then paste them into Mathcad, Prime will create a table with the numbers but with un-declared variable names and units.  You can then fill in the names and unit values and the table columns will work like vectors in Mathcad.  An example is attached (Prime 8).  Your example (with multiple columns with the same names would be challenging, and using the same calculations with a different set of data would be an issue.

Announcements

Top Tags