cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

indices problem

RA_6373991
1-Newbie

indices problem

Hello...just started back into MC and have a question re; this error I'm getting re: a summation:
Why does is it say the variable is undefined when it IS defined? what am i missing?
I enclosed a snapshot of what i'm talking about
Thanks for any help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Would this help?

Werner_E_0-1666216559643.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Its always better to attach the worksheet itselft rather than just a picture.

Are you aware that Prime uses two different types of indices - literal indices and vector/matrix indices?

Chances are that you used the wrong ones.

A vector index is just an integer. So you could not use something like z.k1 but rather would use z.10*k+1

Furthermore you have to know that if you define z.11:=... you are defining a 12 element vector (assuming you have not changed the value of ORIGIN which is 0 by default). Unless you have them defined before, all other elements of the vector z (z.0, z.1 ... z.10) are set to zero.

ok..so I should use the literal version then?..how do i access/implement that? I just used "operators"--> and picked the one with the
subscript matrix index. 
Sorry about the pic..i was hoping that would be clear..

No, the vector/matrix indices would be the correct ones to use, but it could not be seen from the pic which you used where.

So again, upload the sheet for further help.

Please upload your Mathcad Prime worksheet here.

Would this help?

Werner_E_0-1666216559643.png

Thanks alot Werner.. I appreciate it..it now gives me something to work with.

Top Tags