cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

mctx vs mcdx

jdesai-2
11-Garnet

mctx vs mcdx

Hello, What is the difference between a .mctx file and a .mcdx file. I know the former is a template, but it seems to be exactly the same as an mcdx.

3 REPLIES 3

> I know the former is a template, but it seems to be exactly the same as an mcdx.

Correct!

You may use a normal mcdx file as a template if you rename it to mctx and copy it to the template directory.

If you format a new mcdx file (grid size, text font and size, etc) and insert any equations, functions, constants that you frequently use, then save it as an mctx file it becomes a template. Then you may launch a new sheet (select the M, new/from my templates) This pre-formatted sheet will open as a new "Untitled" sheet so you don't have to recreate all that stuff again.

Thanks Fred. I found out something interesting on the pdf writer.

(history. MC Prime print/doPDFv7 creates huge 50 MB pdf file from a 2 page MC worksheet.)

If I create a .xps file from the MC worksheet, and then use Adobe Pro to create a pdf from the xps I get a 1 MB pdf file for the same worksheet

Top Tags