cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

"30 years of continuous development"

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I

"30 years of continuous development"

A direct quote from the current tweet about the Digital Engineering editorial:

"PTC Mathcad Prime engineering math software has 30-something years of continuous development and field use that has honed its features."

Really?

I seem to recall a step change between Mathcad 15 and Prime 1.0 a few years ago.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

it does say "continuous development" not "continuous improvement" & that does easily step around the "negative enhancement" and "feature simplification" issues that may (or may not??) have occurred ...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Do we know in which way "development" is defined by PTC?

Guess we don't use the same definition.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Fred_Kohlhepp)

Maybe it's just 7.5 PTC employees working 4 years to get out Prime 1, 2, 3, 3.1 and 4.

7.5x4=30 (man)year.

And yes there has been and is field use of Prime, but the honing only took place on some details (I won't say they are insignificant details), but the big picture still needs some major construction work.

nas0k
7-Bedrock
(To:LucMeekes)

Oh, I read it as 30 - something (thirty minus a variable called "something) years...

it does say "continuous development" not "continuous improvement" & that does easily step around the "negative enhancement" and "feature simplification" issues that may (or may not??) have occurred ...

"30 years of continuos development" does neither claim to be innovative nor fast paced.Fake news so to say.

Raiko

Top Tags