cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

run and xmcd from command line (P9)

DS_10314450
6-Contributor

run and xmcd from command line (P9)

Good morning,

per subject, I need to run a file.xmcd from the command line in an installer.  I am using Inno setup.  The command line looks like:

[Run]
Filename: "{app}\Readme.txt"; Description: "View the Readme file"; Flags: postinstall shellexec skipifsilent unchecked
Filename: "{app}\FILE.mcdx"; Description: "Open FILE"; Flags: postinstall shellexec skipifsilent

I can launch mathcadprime.exe but I cannot shell execute this exe with the associated file.xmcd.

Ideas?

How does one run file.xmcd from a command line and associate with the latest Prime?

thank you. 

1 REPLY 1

I had P8 and P9 open at the same time.  Launching P9 first resulted in the file being run in P8.  

This appears to work provided P9 is the only instance running:

[Run]
Filename: "{app}\Readme.txt"; Description: "View the Readme file"; Flags: postinstall shellexec skipifsilent unchecked
Filename: "C:\Program Files\PTC\Mathcad Prime 9.0.0.0\MathcadPrime.exe"; Description: "Launch MathCAD Prime"; Flags: postinstall waituntilidle skipifsilent unchecked
Filename: "{app}\FILE.mcdx"; Description: "Open FILE"; Flags: postinstall shellexec waituntilidle skipifsilent unchecked

the keyword needed is  waituntilidle 

Announcements

Top Tags